Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bible Translation research

Liberty University will be sponsoring a dialogue between three scholars. These scholars will defend the translations they were a part of: Doug Moo (NIV), Wayne Grudem (ESV), and Ray Clendenen (HCSB). In light of this, I will begin publishing a study that I recently did on Bible translations. It will be a rather long study, so I will be publishing it in several parts. Hopefully this series will help you process through the best Bible translation for your personal study. The six translations compared:
1) ESV (2011)
2) NIV (1984)
3) NIV (2011)
4) NASB (1995)
5) HCSB (2007)
6) NET (2006)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. Should prove ery useful.

Jim98045 said...

Looking forward to it!

I prefer HCSB, ESV, or NASB... depending on the mood I'm in.