Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bible Translation research

Liberty University will be sponsoring a dialogue between three scholars. These scholars will defend the translations they were a part of: Doug Moo (NIV), Wayne Grudem (ESV), and Ray Clendenen (HCSB). In light of this, I will begin publishing a study that I recently did on Bible translations. It will be a rather long study, so I will be publishing it in several parts. Hopefully this series will help you process through the best Bible translation for your personal study. The six translations compared:
1) ESV (2011)
2) NIV (1984)
3) NIV (2011)
4) NASB (1995)
5) HCSB (2007)
6) NET (2006)


Anonymous said...

Thank you for this. Should prove ery useful.

Jim98045 said...

Looking forward to it!

I prefer HCSB, ESV, or NASB... depending on the mood I'm in.